Details: The topic covered will be public relations. Please register your attendance by 2:00 p.m. the day prior by sending your contact information to Carolyn Smith (carolyn.smith@ventu…
What We Do
We’re a Catalyst for Entrepreneurial Innovation
Ventureprise is a catalyst for the Charlotte region’s innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem. Ventureprise collaborates with an extensive network of partner organizations to offer direct services to entrepreneurs, innovators, inventors and early stage companies.
Ventureprise seeks to be a transformative organization that positively affects regional job creation and wealth building by developing an ecosystem that supports entrepreneurial success and rapid growth. Our collaborative business model focuses on building the resources and relationships that promote innovation and investment throughout the region.
Ventureprise is among an emerging group of Venture Development Organizations that act as catalysts for economic development by incorporating best practices in entrepreneurial development and technology commercialization.
Ventureprise will create a regional competitive advantage in economic development for the Charlotte region. Building and aligning the area’s ecosystem will focus on helping small to mid-sized companies, who utilize innovation in the development of their products, processes or business models, and are considered entrepreneurial growth companies. These are companies that have demonstrated the potential to grow 25% per year, and generally are credited with generating over 50% of U.S. job growth.
Currently Ventureprise operates a 50,000 square foot business incubation facility, the Ben Craig Center, in Charlotte’s University City. The center offers private secure office suites from 500 to 2,500 square feet. They are pre-wired for Internet and telephone services, and can be rented furnished. Shared resources such as conference rooms, lobby and reception, kitchen, mail and video equipment make the Ben Craig Center an efficient and cost effective place for businesses.
Ventureprise works to inform public policy and to improve entrepreneurial and innovation practice through these strategies:
- Develop and champion a strategy for entrepreneurial and innovation leadership;
- Enable proactive collaboration among organizations that support business formation and early stage growth;
- Identify, attract, and develop high potential entrepreneurs in partnership with academic and non-profit organizations;
- Support the expansion and creation of networks to connect entrepreneurs with innovators, investors, researchers, and corporate partners;
- Provide in-depth business assistance and mentoring to innovative, high potential ventures through incubators and other services;
- Improve venture financing access including angel networks, government research funding, and institutional venture capital;
- Provide tech commercialization assistance to UNC Charlotte and regional inventors.
Our Business Plan Competition
In 2012 Ventureprise launched the Charlotte Venture Challenge taking the place of the former Five Ventures business plan competition. The Charlotte Venture Challenge is the leading regional program for identification, support and celebration of promising entrepreneurial companies, awarding $100,000 in cash prizes to startup companies in different categories.